Wednesday, July 30, 2008

OMG OMG OMG

Gavin walked last night. Honest-to-goodness, by himself, walked! He was standing at the corner of our hallway, and he looked at me and laughed. Then he just lets go of the wall, and takes 6 or 7 steps towards me...laughing the whole time! (I was on my couch, about 12 feet away). He did it one other time by himself last night, but then he decided (since we were trying to document it) that he didnt want to do it anymore. All day today he wanted to walk, but the moment I tried to get him to let go of my finger, he just looked at me and sat. He knew... Sometimes I get the feeling that he walks when I'm not looking, but he knows I want him to do it on his own, so he doesnt let me see.

I gotta tell you, though...it hurts my ever swelling uterus to have to bend, ever so slightly, at the waist. Every expert in every book, or any doctor I've ever seen, have all said to bend at the knees when you bend. I would like to see one of them try to bend at the knees when they walk with a not-so-sturdy 10 1/2 month old. Then they can tell me to bend at the knees when I bend...it's virtually impossible to do. And, as I said before, it hurts.

I had an appointment the other day..but it turned out that it was pretty much an appt to fill out paperwork, establish my due date (March 27) and make another appt for my real first appt. I had to have 5 vials of blood drawn, though. It sucked.

7 comments:

Mandy's Blogspot said...

yay, Gavin! now quit making your mom bend over.

Anonymous said...

Dang, and Dad missed the walking by mere hours.

We need pictures. Of the walking.

Anonymous said...

now gavin can walk
i am so happy for him
alas dad missed it





(em:KEEP THE CASTER OIL COMING!)

Catherine said...

Don't worry about documenting it, if you're lucky he'll walk again.

And I am sure he walks all the time when you're not looking. In fact, he probably runs and vaults and throws the discus when you're not looking.

Anonymous said...

havent you figured it out??? walking is his secret identity, duh! geeze, Diabolical Baby has to have SOME cover-up.



(gavin this message is for you: you will have to walk in public someday, you dont want to be the only 16 year old that cant walk, trust me.)

Anonymous said...

Gavin is on the move. Time to move everything up to the 3 ft. level!! Check out this MAD TV clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzRPTibzwng

It is always what I think of when we get so excited seeing a baby walk for the first time (or was it the first time...hmmmm).
<3 Trish

Anonymous said...

get it? it sucked?!! its a joke!...






...thats really lame........