Thursday, April 23, 2009

a week of firsts

It was a week of firsts around here. Monday, I decided I would give Gavin his first haircut. His hair was starting to look ragged along his neck, so it was time. He did awesome! It took a minute or two to figure out what I could give him so he would sit still. Goldfish? No. A comb (which he loves, since he "brushes" his own hair). No. A notebook and pen? Only the best for my boy! Haha. He started getting a little ansy towards the end, so the left side by his ear doesnt look nearly as nice as the right or the back, but oh well. After the haircut, Gavin had his bath, where he played with his bath crayons. We made the right choice on those, let me tell you. Anyway, for some reason, Gavin didnt want to go to bed that night. So, Russ puts him down, and he screams. More screaming. Still more screaming. Screaming just got louder (not in a hurt way, but in a "i just moved closer to you" way). Russ and I jump off the couch. By the time we got to his door, we heard the sound of the door stopper twanging on the other side of the door. My reaction? "Oh no...please tell me he didnt just climb out of his crib". He did. He got a little bruise under his eye, and he busted his lip. I still cant figure out how he got out of the crib while screaming, and we never heard him. Didnt hear him fall, or anything. So, we pulled the mattress out of his crib and put it on the floor. I have pictures of that first night after he fell asleep, and it looks like a crime scene photo. I havent uploaded them, but I will post them as soon as I do.

Oh, and Gavin now climbs the living room furniture, and the folding chairs. Oh, and today, he decided he wanted on the coffee table, so he stood on one of his ride on toys (that has a steering wheel) to achieve that goal. I've got my hands full with that one.

Now, onto Lena. Tuesday, my one-month old baby rolled over. Rolled over! At one month! She's not supposed to do that yet! Then, on Wednesday, she smiled at me when I was talking to her. She's going to be an early bloomer, I guess. When she's Gavins age, it's going to be bad.

I'm almost afraid of what's next. Who's going to do what new next? Will Lena sit at 2 months and crawl at 3? I mean, seriously. Cut mommy some slack, would you guys? Dont do everything in the same week, next time, at least.

No comments: