Thursday, December 11, 2008

serious updates....

So, it's been a while since I updated...so much has been happening, that I just couldn't find time. Thanksgiving was great! Everyone was here, and it was so much fun to watch Gavin and Miles interact with each other. The food was great (I do have pictures of the food, but that will have to wait for another post). It was a lot of fun, except for Miles getting sick. He also passed on his cold to Gavin, who decided, after learning his cousin had an ear infection, to take it one step further. He decided that a double ear infection wasn't enough. No, he needed to go and develop PNEUMONIA!!! Geez...and then, on top of that, he got dehydrated from not eating or drinking a whole lot of anything for a week. What a wonderful week that was. We found out Friday about the ear infections, and Monday we spent (on Russell's day off, too) the WHOLE day in the EC. Gavin got poked 3 times by those sharp poky things, and wasn't too happy when he saw people in scrubs. Oh, and he had to have an x-ray, and mommy couldn't even be there with him. Sigh...oh the injustice. But, he is feeling better now, after being on more amoxicillan, and seems to be regaining some of his spunk. He's been running around, hiding things, and being more himself (than he has been since the Monday after Thanksgiving). Anyway, here are some pictures of things..

Obviously, that's me. That was done on Sat, when I was 24 weeks, 1 day. Now, I am almost 25 weeks. Anyway, I'm HUGE! I know I'll get bigger, but still....it's crazy. Oh, and that's our lovely fake tree behind me. The bottom 1/3 of it is devoid of ornaments, and they are scattered all over the floor.
This is from Thanksgiving. Mandy said something about wanting to get a toy box so it could eat her son, too. Good thing I have one, and they were here! He wasn't happy about it. So, I took the picture fast and Mandy soothed Miles' frayed nerves.
Miles and Gavin, trying very hard to NOT look like they are playing together. They did, though.
This was taken, actually, Monday. We were getting ready to head out for my Dr's appt, and Gavin just looked so darn cute with the mittens and hat. Of course, we left my appt and went to the EC (they didn't have any openings in his clinic for an appt) and stayed there til 4. My appt was at 9:40am. It was a long day with no food or water in my pregnant belly.
This is the best picture Russ took of the outside of the house. He had just finished putting up the lights, and they look so pretty! The picture doesn't do them justice. Of course, he also forgot to turn on the lights in the wreath, but oh well.
I have more pictures from Thanksgiving, but again, that will be another post. Hopefully I'll post it before Christmas. Haha.





4 comments:

Catherine said...

I love that little weird face he's drawn on the side of his toybox. I assume that was him, anyway. So avante-garde! You must send me some of his latest work! I can sell it, dahling, you know I can, the public loves him.

Unknown said...

you are so big!! are you sure you can get any bigger? Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and hope you have a great Christmas! Oh, and hope Russell has a great birthday!

Katya said...

Miss Emily!!!! The boys are so adorable! I can't believe Gavin is that big! Wasn't it just yesterday we sat at the restaurant and I held him? They do grow so fast and time just keeps barreling along!

You look very healthy! Seems like some girls look so haggard while pregnant, but you really look good! (and happy!) 25 weeks, eh?

Thanksgiving must have been so much fun! Your house looks terrific for Christmas and I bet you are so excited! Have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Oh, and that size 2 Oshkosh camo fleece...is it going to fit the dear fellow? I just couldn't resist it..perhaps I had better SEND it to you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

okay, when he's stamdimg by the toybox, doesn't G look EXACTLY like little robbie?

Oh wait, you wouldn't know, because you are only 2 years older tham him.