Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Warning: Cute Alert

So, Gavin plays find the belly. Mostly with me and him, but sometimes with daddy, too. He has an odd fascination with my belly. My belly button is popping some, so he likes to poke that.

Anyway, last night, he was playing find the belly with me. I was laying on the couch, on my side. He lifts up my shirt, and starts poking my belly. The baby didn't like that too much, so it kicked. Hard. I took Gavin's hand and put it over the spot. He pushed down a little, and the baby kicked again! Gavin looks at me, his eyes twinkling, smiles a huge smile, and starts laughing hysterically. He then looks at me again, takes his hand off the belly, and thinks for a minute. He put BOTH hands on my belly, and lo and behold, the baby kicked again. There go the twinkling eyes, huge smile, and laughing. He got a huge hit out of it! He realized, that while mommy's belly has always been cooler than his own, it's even MORE cool now, since it MOVES too. He cracks me up. I really wish I had a camera within arms reach, too. I would have LOVED to get a picture of his face. It really was priceless.

I'm trying to talk to him about babies. I'll point out baby's on TV, in pictures, really anywhere we are. I also tell him that there's a baby in mommy's belly. I know he doesn't get it, and he really wont until after the baby is born, but I like to feel I'm doing something about it.

Also, on the cute factor, he's wearing the CUTEST outfit ever today. It's just a pair of jeans, a turtleneck and a sweater, but on him??? Oh man. I could eat him alive! I really could! And on Monday, a friend came over and took some pictures for us to use as our Christmas cards. He looks very GQ (that's all daddy saying that) in his black/white/grey pants, white button-down shirt with black stripes, and black 3 button jacket. He really is too cute for words! I'll get pictures up as soon as I can...I promise!

1 comment:

Mandy's Blogspot said...

pics or it didn't happen!

is he feeling better?